Tuesday, October 03, 2006

By the time I hit the 680 freeway to head south it had turned dark. So no pictures from here.
The road just rolled under me for the next 100 miles. I finally turn off the freeway to take Hwy 156 over the hills to the coast. I ran into a few patches of fog and the temperature dropped by 15 degrees. I finally hit the PCH (as the SO CA riders call it.) It was another one of those surreal moments driving in the dark and not knowing that the ocean is just to your right. As I passed Monterey I saw a couple of light houses doing their job providing their light beams circling. I arrived in Big Sur around 9:20 at night and had forgotten the name of the camp ground. I gave Dave (Volusiaguy) a call and asked for instructions. As it turned out the campground was difficult for several riders to find.

Pulled in and parked the bike. It was good to see familiar faces. After I set up my tent we gathered around the campfire. We all caught up on what was happening and got to meet a new face (Soda Pop) from my neck of the woods. The booze was brought out….”what do you mean it’s the last beer?” Good thing I though to bring mine own bottle. The weather was chili but not bad at all. I had no problem sleeping that night.

The next morning it was amazing we all emerged from our tents at almost the same exact time. Everyone was doing great except Jeff (jpaige wasn’t talking much, but he never was a morning person.)

Here is Volusiaguy and Soda Pop.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home